who will be the first to greet you when you phone for an appointment or come in for a consultation:
· Lynette Welsh (Practice Manager) has been working with us for 18 years in reception and administration role. When not working, Lynette enjoys spending time with her grandchildren, travelling and scrapbooking the many photos of places she has visited
· Julie Hall (Receptionist) has been with us for almost 10 years and loves the welcoming atmosphere and the small medical centre team. Outside of work, her hobbies are carriage driving with her horses and sequence/Victorian dancing
· Tara Blaikie (Receptionist) joined the medical centre in March 2017. She has a degree in education. She moved into the healthcare sector in 2013 and enjoys spending her spare time with her family and friends, travelling, sports, concerts and the arts.
Meet our Practice Nurses – our two Practice Nurses work closely with the GPs and are experts in health promotion, wound care, immunisations/ vaccinations and contraceptive advice:
· Sue Kelly is an experienced registered nurse (RN) and has been Practice Nurse with us for over 13 years. She has special interests in cardiology, immunisations and diabetes care;
· Melanie Ure has been a Practice Nurse for over 15 years and has been with us for over three years.
Meet our GPs – three General Practitioners (GPs) and a GP registrar doctor work at our medical centre, all providing comprehensive and continuing medical and accident care (in conjunction with the Practice Nurses) for our patients.· Dr Kathy Powell graduated from the University of Otago Medical School and has been a GP in Dunedin for over 25 years. She has a special interest in young children’s health, travel medicine and minor surgery. She is the Principal GP and owner of the Meridian Medical Centre;
· Dr Sharon Leitch graduated from the University of Otago Medical School, has been a GP for over 10 years and is a senior research fellow at the Dunedin School of Medicine;
· Dr Nina Molteno graduated from the University of Otago Medical School and worked for 25 years in the North Island before moving back to Dunedin. Nina has a special interest in older people’s health and palliative (hospice) care;
Meet Jenny Douglas – Jenny is an experienced Registered Dietitian, specialising in children’s nutrition, gut health and allergies. Jenny sees her own patients at the Meridian Medical centre on Thursdays and Fridays.